Clickbank presents a great opportunity to work at home. In building your own online business, you won’t have to rely on someone else and your income can be limitless. Having several streams of income works well and after a bit of effort, they’ll be passive income sources that won’t require much (if any) action on your part. Affiliate marketing is something that I do, in addition to other ways I make money online.
How does Clickbank work?
It’s quite simple, really. You can make money online by directing people to Clickbank landing pages. When the Clickbank info product (usually downloadable, or, a membership) is sold, the person whose link was clicked to make that sale gets the commission. You use a hoplink that identifies you and triggers payment into your account.
The great thing about affiliate sales is that you’re not spending money to buy and resell items and you don’t have to touch the sale. You simply facilitate the sale of information products and get paid for driving traffic that converts.
If you sign up for a Clickbank affiliate account, you can browse the market place to see what products are out there. You can also see what the commission rates are, check out the landing pages, create your hoplinks, and sometimes there are pages set up for affiliates that have creatives such as logos, banners, and private label rights articles for you to use.
Hint: When you choose a product that offers support to affiliates, you can often be more successful at selling that product.
Browsing the Clickbank Marketplace
When looking at the marketplace, you can search for a particular subject, search by category, search by popularity, etc.
The Pitch Page
It’s really important to read the pitch page of a product you’re planning to promote. Does it appeal to you? Would you buy it?
It’s not a bad idea to buy the product you’re planning on selling. In fact, the affiliates who do that are going to have a greater chance of success.
By knowing what you’re selling you can have a greater chance of selling than the vast majority of people who are out there blindly promoting affiliate links for products when all they’ve done is read the pitch page.
It’s highly competitive and there are hundreds of products to choose from in the Clickbank market place.
Here are some tips for choosing products:
- Look for products that are popular but not too popular. Clickbank gravity can be a difficult number to understand. The more popular, the more competition for them. You want to find a good mix of popularity and ability to compete. Though, if you’re a subject matter expert (or willing to become one) on a really popular product, you have a good chance of selling it.
- Again, read the pitch page. If you’re not dazzled by it, others probably won’t be.
- Look for a product that supports customers. If there’s no support, there may be a high chance of refund request, which will impact your bottom line profits.
- If possible, look at subscription-based products. These offer recurring income.
- Choose a product you’re interested in. That’ll make it easy to write articles and regularly promote that product
- Look at trends. Google Trends is a great tool for helping you figure out what products are likely to sell.
- Learn about Clickbank gravity. My friend Matt Bredel explains this well in his Tru Guru membership program.
Before you get started on your affiliate marketing journey, do some research about effective ways to promote your affiliate link. You’ll find a lot of resources out there that can help you learn how to maximize your potential through things such as: article marketing, pay per click, organic SEO, social marketing, and more. There are some resources on Clickbank itself, too. And the great thing about that is that there are 60 day money back guarantees if you choose to buy into a program that teaches you how to make more money on Clickbank.
Helpful Clickbank Resources:
Maverick Money Makers – Coaching Club for making money online.
Clickbank Code – The blueprint to Clickbank sales from a successful affiliate marketer
Secret Affiliate Weapon 2.0 – Passive Income Secrets