Getting to work from home can be great. One of the things many people do is find more than one source of income, to protect their lifestyle. By having several sources of income, or income eggs in your basket, you protect your ability to earn, should something go awry.
Some, who are telecommuters, don’t worry as much because their job is considered as safe as any other full-time job but if you are a freelancer or have your own business, this isn’t always the case because you’re regularly searching for ways to earn. Several sources of income could mean safety and it could also mean that you’re making decent money.
Tips for Having Multiple Income Eggs
- Find some quick paying go-to options. That way, if you’re in a pinch, you can get grocery money fast or money to take care of an unforeseen expense quickly. Wherever possible online entrepreneurs should have a few make money fast options.
- Network. Talk to other entrepreneurs and freelancers. That way you can share leads and potentially share overflow work.
- Work on developing some passive income streams. If you build websites with affiliate marketing, network marketing, or contextual advertising, for instance, the initial work could be time consuming but those sites could become passive for you, creating income that generates itself and presents you with monthly payments. Learn more about affiliate marketing and passive online income opportunities.
Strive for a delicate balance when adding income eggs. Too many could feel overwhelming and result in lack of balance but some regular ones, some passive income-building options, and some strategic fast-earners could be the ticket to reaching your financial and career goals.
Are you anxious about making extra money fast for Christmas? The internet can help. Christmas can certainly be a stressful time for families who don’t have much extra money for Christmas presents. I wrote an article for Momphabet Soup about the topic recently for writers and it is getting a lot of traffic so it inspired some more advice for those looking for more work at home ideas. I know you don’t want to be scammed and you don’t want to waste your time so here’s some solid advice:
Here are a few ideas for things you can do with your computer to bring in some fast money, maybe even in time for Christmas shopping:
- Paid Answer Sites. You can get paid to answer questions. Some of these sites pay via Google Adsense so you might not have the money before Christmas but they could help you have money by January / February for paying off those credit card bills.
- Work on CloudCrowd. Facebook has an application called CloudCrowd where you can get paid daily via Paypal doing rewrites, categorizing websites, reviewing other people’s work, etc.
- Sell stuff on eBay, Kijiji, or Craigslist. You can sell items in your garage / attic, shop thrift stores and yard sales, for finds that people might be interested in, start a basket business, or start a wholesale business you can set up on eBay. Many businesses will let you set up a dropship account and do all the shipping for you when you set up a virtual ebay store or niche website and if you don’t want to sell something online, you can use the internet to help you advertise locally. Do be careful about meeting anyone who responds to a classified ad!
- Sell products on Clickbank. Once you meet their distribution agreement, Clickbank pays bi-weekly. If you don’t know much about Clickbank, it’s not the fastest way to make money but it’s a very lucrative proposition so consider using it for your ‘get out of debt‘ resolution in the new year.
- Make Christmas money article writing. Many sites and individuals will pay you to write. Demand Studios pays twice weekly, Textbroker pays 2x monthly, and you can earn money online fast at Elance. Askables is also in the midst of rolling out a writer’s compensation plan but in the meantime you can make Adsense revenue there. You can also sell articles on job sites and write for passive income article sharing sites like HubPages, Squidoo, eHow, Xomba, SheToldMe, InfoBarrel, Bukisa
- With an Elance bidding account, you can do various things to get paid online. Payments occur at varying times depending on how you bid (even instantly or in advance) for online articles, admin and data entry work, programming, sales and marketing, etc. Elance is an online job site and can transfer money via transfer, PayPal, Elance debit card, or by mailing a check.
This is certainly not an exhaustive list of online money making opportunities but there are a few suggestions here to help you get going. If you have suggestions or ideas that have been successful for you, feel free to share them here!
Do you spend a lot of time playing on Facebook? Why not get paid for it with Cloud Crowd? Join CloudCrowd and turn your Facebook time into dollars. You can get paid via paypal for completing various tasks on Cloucd Crowd such as editing, tagging, research, and rewriting. And, if you refer your friends you make money when they do work as well. The system exists as a Facebook application and is easy to use with your Facebook account. So far, the system doesn’t feed anything to your news feed and works unobtrusively.
How does CloudCrowd Pay?
The company , who has been providing work via a Facebook application, has been offering work since September 2009. They pay via Paypal daily which means you can transfer the funds into your own account or withdraw via a PayPal debit card. Learn more about setting up PayPal and withdrawing Paypal funds to your bank account here: Paypal setup and withdrawal.
Home based money making income streams like Cloud Crowd, MTurk, Paid Surveys, and Passive article writing income can all add up to a part-time work at home income. Some people writing on work at home sites have said they’ve made up to $80-90 a day on CloudCrowd.
What kind of work is CloudCrowd?
- They plan to roll out more types of work but at the moment you can:
- submit websites that are hosted in China with poor English (About $0.16 each)
- grade websites submitted (about $.04 each)
- rewrite poorly written text to improve English (about $1.42)
- grade rewritten text done by others (about $.05)
Pay and tasks available can vary and if you sign people up to be in your Crowd, you’ll earn a % of their revenue for three levels down. CloudCrowd is really becoming popular due to the easy money and fast pay. If you can rewrite quickly, you can make about $10-$15 an hour. There is a credibility score applied to accounts by the system and your work is graded. Future opportunities and pay may be related to that score. Join CloudCrowd
cloud crowd pay, cloudcrowd credibility, cloudcrowd reputation, how does cloudcrowd pay, make money on facebook